History of Fort Casper

Early in the year 1865 a military camp was established near the present City of Casper and was known as “Platte Bridge.” Upon the recommendation of Lieut.-Col. W. O. Collins of the Eleventh Ohio Cavalry, it was changed from a small and occasional troop station to a permanent post. In his official communication, Lieutenant Colonel …

History of Fort Casper Read More »